Sending four of its member schools to next week's Frozen Four is certainly a remarkable achievement for the WCHA. And while the conference's fans are understandably proud, some of the e-mails we've received at INCH World Headquarters are decidedly jingoistic. Before you WCHA fans get too boastful, remember that Denver needed OT to dispatch CHA champ Bemidji State, Colorado College escaped the Midwest Regional with two one-goal wins, Minnesota twice went into overtime before ultimately winning and North Dakota – a team that was below .500 in conference play on Feb. 25 – came perilously close to missing the NCAAs altogether.
Still, the 'I told you so's' roll in. Some are well-crafted messages. Others, well ... why don't you be the judge?
• "I really can't believe how you can work for a college hockey website and say that Cornell is any kind of threat."
• "I was going to tell you to put your standard and foolish Eastern Bias where the sun does not shine, but your 3rd-rate favorite teams pretty much (predictably) turtled. Cornell #1 ? BC #3? Each would settle at 5th or 7th in the WCHA. Happy next year!!!"
• "Now that its an all WCHA final four will the Eastern SPorts Network even broadcast the games, or will they tape delay them and show them at 1 or 2 in the morning."
• "Cornell sure looked like a #1 seed. Not much difference between the top 4 conferences?"
• "All the people at your site think the east is the best and look at the frozen four, isn't four WCHA teams."
• "and of course you picked DU to win it all, but I can promise you they don't speacially with how many times they've played these three teams only losing once or twice."
• "Maybe next year your staff might grasp the fact that your beloved Hockey East and ECAC are no match for the WCHA. Now sit back and enjoy the Frozen Four WCHA style baby."
• "I could go on for a few more hours but i'd rather not be on this site for too long, it makes my computer stupid."